Observing big business can teach us a lot!
But not all big business strategies translate to small business and especially to handmade! In this episode I will chat about one tactic big businesses use all the time that works just fine for them but if you mimicked it in your business, you’d be buried. Big businesses have the infrastructure and schedules to support these tactics but – I’m gunna go out on a limb here and say, you don’t. Which is TOTALLY OKAY. But: Heed this warning! Listen to this episode to find out which tactic you should avoid in your handmade business.
DISCLAIMER: if you’ve been doing this, and you feel it works for you, then by all means, carry on. I always suggest taking my – or any other – advice with a grain of salt – season to taste, so to say.
In this episode:
- What tactic big businesses use that you should avoid.
- How this tactic changes consumer behavior beyond first purchase.
- Why this strategy won’t work for you.
- When you should implement discounts and when you should not.
- The results of my discounting experiment.
- Understanding the value you offer that sets you apart from big business.