Misunderstood Etsy Policies
I genuinely hope EVERY SINGLE ETSY SELLER listens to this episode. If you are an Etsy seller, and you know other Etsy sellers, please share the link to this episode with them.
(Please note: at the time of recording and publishing, all the information in this episode is accurate.)
There are so so many misunderstood Etsy policies, but I’ve chosen a few to cover in this episode. I could make several episodes that cover misunderstood Etsy policies, but hopefully one is enough to drive home to point: always fact check.
Reading policies anywhere can be dry and boring, I get that. But if you EVER have a question about a policy, it’s usually best to go straight to the source for the answer.
Every single week I see posts in Facebook groups including my own, asking questions that fall into any of the following categories:
- Clearly against Etsy policy but no one seems to know it
- Not against Etsy policy but people seem to believe it is
- A simple lack of understanding on a policy that is known to exist because either it’s not well written or no one bothered to actually read it
(Tough love: sometimes reading actually is the answer.)
In this episode…
In this episode I will be reviewing the actual rules Etsy has laid out related to these specific misunderstood policies:
- Conversation policy
- Linking policy
Listen for all the details on these and to get the real facts once and for all. Next time you see someone ask about any of these in a group, share a link to this episode with them.
You may also like…
- Can You Link to Your Own Website on Etsy?
- Episode 011: Why Etsy Still Matters + How to Change Your Approach to It