Taylor Swift Marketing Lessons
Have you heard Taylor Swift’s newest album? Even if you haven’t heard it in full, I’m sure you’ve heard some of it through radio or Instagram. At bare minimum I’m willing to bet you knew she had a new album out as of November. Something tells me that even if you don’t follow her, you have heard about this album a some point in the past 6 months.
It got a lot of buzz. And there are a lot of reasons for that.
In this episode, I am chatting with Kimber Casteel of Kim Art Designs, a fellow embroidery artist and big-time T. Swift fan (Swifty.)
I always love looking at what businesses and brands outside of my immediate space are doing and learning what I can from them. Taylor Swift has set some amazing marketing examples and I was so pumped to find out the Kimber had been following them all pretty closely. I knew we had to record this episode.
In this episode:
- It’s a little longer than most Merri Podcasts, but for good reason
- Taylor Swift’s most recent album lead up and launch
- Analytics and numbers related to T. Swift’s brand
- My personal affinity for Nick Carter and using what I know and love to get some grounding on the magic of T. Swift
- Why what Taylor does matters / how it’s useful to observe as a business owner
- More gushing about the Backstreet Boys
- Kimber shares her experience as a Merriweather student
- More T. Swift amazingness
I hope you’ll enjoy this episode as much as we enjoyed recording it! What brands and businesses do you love to observe for their marketing examples?
You might also like:
- Taking Cues from Big Brands: Pinterest Edition
- Episode 004: The Big Biz Discounting Tactic You Should NOT Use
- Episode 035: Observing Disney for Small Biz Inspiration
- Bonus Episode 8: You’re Not Target, Amazon, or Walmart. Or Are You?