It’s not scary, I promise.
Truth: all mail service is sort of a miracle. It’s literally AMAZING that the vast majority of shipments are punctual and arrive unscathed at their final destinations. I mean, think about how much goes into getting a package from point A to point B! Add to that, it’s relatively cheap to send most items even long distances. All packages are going on epic adventures – no matter what their destination is. Your domestic packages are just as susceptible to loss or damage as your international ones! And the shipping process is nearly the same, so there is not much of a difference really at all!
Shipping internationally feels intimidating at first for sure, but I promise you, it’s worth doing. If you have been shipping your domestic orders online you will barely notice a difference in shipping international. And now that I’ve hopefully tempered your nerves on the technical and logistical aspect, I’d like to tell you some of the benefits of shipping internationally, so listen in to this episode for all the details.
In this episode:
- If you sell in an online marketplace but only ship domestically, you are missing out.
- 3 benefits of shipping internationally.
- The difference between an international buyer’s expectation and a domestic buyer’s expectation.
- You don’t get to decide what someone else is willing to pay.
- Offering it is the first step.
- Your concerns, mitigated.
- The benefits far outweigh the negatives.
Related + Supplemental:
This article on Etsy is a little older, but bolsters many of the points I made :)