Friends, today’s episode is hopefully going to set your mind at ease about some things Etsy did in 2018 that set sellers ablaze with anxiety.
Etsy SEO Update
In September 2018 Etsy released a link to THIS.
And then sellers immediately tweaked out. Which is fair.
But I am here to tell you, again, that you do not need to panic about this.
You do not need to panic about this.
And truthfully, most Etsy updates and changes are not worth panicking over.
In today’s episode:
- Discussing the “new Etsy SEO “
- Putting things into perspective
- Explaining what is actually new and what is unchanged
- Breaking it down so you understand Etsy’s likely thought process
- The GOOD THINGS that Etsy is doing now
- Tough love? Regular love? It’s one of those.
I really hope this helps clear up some of this Etsy jargon and misunderstanding. I cannot even count how many crazy myths and rumors I’ve heard about all of this!
One of my main goals in my business is to help sellers think for themselves on and off Etsy and become more proactive and have more authority in their businesses even when selling on third party platforms. If that sounds like something you’d like to cultivate in yourself and your business and if you want to learn more from me about Etsy, join us for my Free Etsy Masterclass! The Four Part Process to Unlocking the Unique Power of Etsy!
Today’s episode is sponsored by Amazon Handmade where you can get your product in front of 250 million customers worldwide. Amazon Handmade has the best of both worlds: the convenience of shopping on Amazon while supporting small, local businesses. Click the image below for more details on how to get started with zero upfront costs and no monthly fee.
You might also like…
- Episode 059: What You Need to Know About Your Etsy Sales-to-Review Ratio
- Episode 055: Creating Effective Product Listing Pages
- Bonus Episode 12: The One Image You Should NOT Use in Your Listings