Small Business Lessons from Gilmore Girls
Any other die hard Gilmore Girl fans out there?! If so, you’re going to love this episode. If not… well, it’s only a matter of time! Today’s episode, and the lesson within it, is drawn from an example in the quirky and fantastic world of the Gilmore Girls, but even if you’ve never seen the show, you’ll understand!
I love looking for, or simply discovering, little business lessons in pop culture. Gilmore Girls is riddled with them! This is probably in large part due to the fact that nearly every single one of the main characters is a small business owner and the entire premise of the show is set against a backdrop of small, local business. It’s such a great show for many reasons, this is just one of them.
Attracting Ideal Customers
One lesson I’ve seen played out on the show is that of attracting ideal customers – the kind of people who are raving fans for life. The kind of customer we want to cultivate as often as possible in our businesses.
In this episode:
- Why Gilmore Girls is the greatest show of all time
- The characters we want to learn from
- An important lesson in target market, customer loyalty and standing out with your product
- Why having one thing you perfect is better than having loads of flashy ideas
- A question to ask yourself
If you have Netflix, you can watch Gilmore Girls! I suggest you do. Like, today. Start now.
You might also like…
- What Small Businesses Can Learn from Taylor Swift’s Marketing
- Episode 56: Discussing Taylor Swift’s Amazing Marketing Example with Kimber Casteel
- Episode 069: How to Stand Out in A Saturated Market