One of my favorite nerd-pastimes is observing big businesses and percolating on how their tactics and strategies can translate to smaller businesses. It’s just a thing I do. In this episode I am chatting about some observations I made during two trips to Disney World as an adult that I think all small businesses can learn from.
“I am honestly so distracted thinking about how perfect their brand is right now that I almost feel like I’m not having as much fun as I could be, RN” – a thing I actually said whilst in Disney World.
“Oh my god, how are they creating this incredibly seamless experience?!” – another thing I actually said whilst at Disney World.
In this episode:
- Disney as a child, Disney as an adult
- A few key things Disney is doing that we can do, too
- How Disney gets our attention and draws us in
- Disney branding – visual and otherwise. OMG
- Walt Disney is dead but his vision lives on
- Price points, holla
- I could talk about this for months
Side note, a book I’m eyeing up: The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World
Gratuitous personal photo of me at Disney in October 2016
Tiny beer, sip sip